Rogers and Norton's Construction Group act for Developers, Employers, Contractors, Architects, Surveyors and Suppliers (including builders merchants), providing advice on non-contentious and contentious issues that affect all those within the construction industry. We regularly advise on JCT contracts and have been praised for our quick turnaround of advice.
Clients range from small builders to large contractors, developers and National Companies, and cases and projects range from £5,000 to multi-million pounds.
The construction group is lead by Peter Hastings supported by members of the litigation, property and commercial teams.
Peter has conducted numerous adjudications, and enforced these (and opposed) in the Technology and Construction Court.
Get in touch, email Peter to find out how we can help you.
The team members' recent cases include:
- A claim for the sum of £2.2 million, due under a final account.
- A claim comprising a number of adjudications with a counterclaim of £650,000 approximately.
- A number of claims ranging from £10,000 to £200,000 for unpaid fees and damages.
- Successfully acting for a Swedish company in the Technology and Construction Court on a multi-million pound claim, with issues of design and delay.
- Acting for a local authority in a substantial claim for damages for defects and design liability.
- Acting for a developer against an architect for negligence.
- Acting in a number of construction claims for contractors and architects, and Insolvency Practitioners on construction claims where projects have stopped due to the insolvency of a party.
- Securing the return of a “workforce” who had walked off a construction site.
- Advising on various projects and developments including NEC & JCT forms.
- Advising a client on projects in Qatar.
- Advising and acting on a refurbishment of premises; contract value £500,000.
- Stay of Execution of enforcement proceedings in the Technology and Construction Court.
Our work includes:
- Arbitration (International and UK)
- Drafting and advising on letters of intent
- Representing clients involved in statutory and contractual adjudications
- Undertaking the resolution of disputes by ADR including mediation, expert determination and conciliation.
- The preparation of submissions to DABs and DRBs
- Conducting arbitrations.
Court litigation (High Court, County Court & TCC), including injunctive relief and applications relating to arbitral proceedings and the enforcement of BondsPeter and the Construction Group have extensive experience advising in relation to:
- Delays, extensions of time, LADs
- Payment provisions under HGCRA
- Loss and expense claims
- Defective works, their rectification and the recovery of damages
- Final Account disputes
- Site issues
- Suspension of works
- Performance Bonds
- Professional negligence
- Debt claims and Insolvency issues.