'Speedy responses
and extensive knowledge'
The Legal 500

Late Night Refreshment Licensing

< Back to Leisure and Licensing

Legal 500 Leading Firm 2016

Late Night Refreshment Licensing

All premises providing hot food between 11.00pm and 5.00am must have a premises licence.  This covers takeaway outlets most of which previously did not need to be licensed.

It also covers restaurants serving hot food and drink after 11.00pm.  Most of those will already have a premises licence to cover the sale of alcohol but need to ensure that their premises licence covers hot food & drink after 11.00pm if necessary.

The application for late night refreshment licence is made on the same Premises Licence application form and is subject to conditions in a similar way as applications for License to sell alcohol.

Related Pages

Bruce Faulkner is one of Norwich’s few specialist licensing lawyers"
The Legal 500