'Speedy responses
and extensive knowledge'
The Legal 500


< Back to Leisure and Licensing

Legal 500 Leading Firm 2016

Regulated Entertainment

Any premises which are used for the provision of entertainment to the public must now have a premises licence. This replaces the old "Public Entertainment Licence" but covers a wider definition of "entertainment". In many cases they will also be licensed for the sale of alcohol and regulated entertainment will be added to or included on the premises licence.

Regulated entertainment includes:

    • Performance of live Music
    • Playing of recorded Music
    • Dancing
    • Provision of facilities for dancing (ie in a nightclub)
    • Performance of dance or similar entertainment
    • Sporting events
    • Film and theatre


Related Pages

Bruce Faulkner is one of Norwich’s few specialist licensing lawyers"
The Legal 500