Leisure & Licensing

Rogers & Norton have a wide breadth of knowledge and are recognised nationally as specialists in this area.

We have specialist licensing experience combined with experience in commercial and property matters allowing us to offer a full service for anyone buying, selling or leasing a pub, restaurant or any other licensed business.

We are able to offer fixed fees for dealing with most applications or can advise clients who wish to make applications themselves.

  • Premises Licences

    All premises licences have conditions attached – the conditions stay on the licence and define how the business is run.

  • Personal Licences

    All sales of alcohol must be authorised by the holder of a Personal Licence, who must have obtained the National Certificate for Personal Licence Holders (NCPLH) qualification. We can make Personal Licence applications or advise clients on making the applications themselves.

  • Regulated Entertainment (Public entertainment)

    Any premises which are used for the provision of entertainment to the public must have a premises licence. In many cases they will also be licensed for the sale of alcohol and regulated entertainment will be added to or included on the premises licence.

  • Performance of live Music
  • Playing of recorded Music
  • Dancing
  • Provision of facilities for dancing (ie in a nightclub)
  • Performance of dance or similar entertainment
  • Sporting events
  • Film and theatre

Late night refreshment licensing – All premises, including takeaways, providing hot food between 11.00pm and 5.00am must have a premises licence. It also covers restaurants serving hot food and drink after 11.00pm. Most of those will already have a premises licence to cover the sale of alcohol but need to ensure that their premises licence covers hot food & drink after 11.00pm if necessary.

Temporary Event Notices – All “licenseable activities” can be carried out for a period of not more than 96 hours under the authority of a “Temporary Event Notice” (TEN). We can advise on TENs & whether it would be more appropriate for a Premises Licence to be applied for.

Betting & Gaming – We have many years of experience of applying for betting office licences and permits and have made applications on behalf of some of the biggest names in the business as well as individual owner operators. We are able to offer advice and help in relation to all aspects of betting, gaming and lotteries.

We act for owners and operators of:

  • Public Houses
  • Clubs
  • Village Halls
  • Restaurants
  • Off-licences and supermarkets
  • Betting Shops

Related pages