The main conclusions were: 100% penalty multiplier for lost revenue from repeat offences: a majority of respondents believed that an…
HMRC and UK Border Force
Rogers & Norton have a Specialist Team handling HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) claims, in particular relating to the detention of goods, seizure of goods, VAT assessments and adverse decisions.
Specialist HMRC and UK Border Force Solicitor
Head of the Team, Peter Hastings is recognised as a leader and specialist dealing with disputes, litigation, claims and injunctions against HMRC and the UK Border Force. He has been the lead Partner in many cases and insolvency related matters involving HMRC, ranging from £10,000 to multi-million pound claims.
We have considerable experience of handling HMRC tax investigations and tax disputes and acts on behalf of both companies and individuals. Our in-depth procedural and regulatory knowledge of the tax system enables us to advise on the strategy and procedures for negotiating settlements with HMRC and the process for conducting tax-related litigation and investigations.
We can also assist with issues arising for importers and exporters on any Coding, Duty and Vat issues.
- Detentions and Seizure of Goods by the UK Border Force Restoration Claims
- Condemnation Proceedings
- Injunctions (including urgent injunctions)
- Judicial reviews (including claims for the urgent release of goods and damages for unlawful detentions, and injunctions)
- VAT Assessments and Appeals
- Excise Duty Assessments and Appeals
- Customs Duties and Inland Revenue matters
- Appealing Rejected Duty Drawback claims
- Reviewing Assessments and achieving the withdrawal of Assessments
- Human Rights Issues
- HMRC Raids and Investigations
- Movement and Board Guarantees (including Board applications)
- Disclosure & Legal Privilege issues
- VAT Returns and Payment issues
- Carousel & Missing Trader Fraud (MITC)
- Economic loss claims (including loss of profit)
- UK/EC Customs duties & VAT issues
- Money Laundering Issues
- Advising and assisting on the revocation of Alcohol Wholesaler Registration Claims and reinstatement including Due Diligence issues, Appeals, Judicial Review and Injunctions.
HMRC Insolvency Claims
If you have been threatened by HMRC with the seizure of goods, been served with a statutory demand, bankruptcy or winding up petition, or service of a Notice seeking Security for VAT, PAYE and NICS, we can assist you. We are experienced at advising on all such insolvency matters including opposing statutory demands, bankruptcy petitions, the annulment of bankruptcy orders, opposing winding up petitions and seeking an injunction to refrain the advertisement of a petition, negotiations with HMRC, and challenging Notices seeking security issued under paragraph 4 (2) (a) of Schedule 11 to the Value Added Tax Act 1994.
Our team is experienced in both the County and High Courts together with the First Tier Tax Tribunal. We will also advise you as to your directors duties and responsibilities.
What our clients say
I think the congratulations should go to you because without your help and guidance I’m not sure that I would have got this far. I was very happy with the result and it definitely allowed me to enjoy my weekend.
Once again thanks for all your great help and support in reaching a satisfactory conclusion.
Thank you for all your assistance and advice this year on what proved to my eyes a difficult case. Mrs J and I are so relieved above all to get our lives back and we are looking forward to a happy Christmas.
Excellent result – I recommend you anytime !!
If I ever need anyone to fight my corner in the Corporate world, you will be the first to hear about it. Very many thanks for your remarkably swift and positive approach to the whole thing.
Just a quick e-mail to say how much we appreciate all the hard work you put in on our behalf over the past 10 months on our complicated case, including your help with the Bank and dealing with our opponent. Your efforts were brilliant. I would have caved in if not for you. We are very pleased with the result.
If we ever have need for a solicitor, we will definitely use yourself/Rogers and Norton and recommend you.
Have you had goods such as Alcohol and Tobacco seized or detained by HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) or the…
We are able to advise and act for you in connection with The Alcohol Wholesaler Registration Scheme together with your…
Our dedicated commercial litigation and dispute resolution team has a wide range of experience and depth of knowledge in avoiding…