Certain classes of non-domestic property that are empty for a continuous period of 3 or 6 months (depending on the…
Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency
Knowledge and experience on your side.
Expert Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency Solicitors
Our corporate restructuring and insolvency team have experience of acting for Insolvency Practitioners, businesses, individuals and directors on non-contentious and contentious insolvency matters. We can advise the director on the personal insolvency procedures available.
We can advise on:
- Allegations of Fraud and Deceit
- Company Secretary Issues
- Creditor’s Claims
- Debt claims/recovery
- Directors’ claims (including Breach of Duty claims and defending Personal Guarantees)
- Director’s Disqualification Orders and Undertakings
- Employment issues
- Fraudulent Trading
- Freezing Injunctions
- General Insolvency Advice
- HMRC claims and issues (including winding up petitions and assessments)
- Preference transactions
- Presentation of Petitions for Voluntary Winding Up
- Provisional Liquidations
- Resignation of Directors
- Retention of Title Claims
- Shareholder issues
- Tracing Assets
- Transaction at undervalues
- Wrongful trading
We also advise on Business Recovery and all forms of Insolvency including Liquidation, Corporate Voluntary Arrangement, Administration and Bankruptcy. Our team assist directors who are the subject of personal guarantees.
Members of the team have recently been instructed in cases including:
- Acting for a company with turnover in excess of £75million that was placed into administration. Advising the administrator on ongoing claims by HM Revenue and Customs;
- Advising a UK plc in its retention of title claim following the administration of a high street furniture retailer;
- Advising a director in relation to disqualification proceedings brought by the Official Receiver. Obtaining a reduction in the disqualification period from 13 years to 2 years. Successfully defending proceedings brought by the liquidator for alleged misfeasance.
- Acting for directors in relation to Directors’ Disqualification proceedings and also in seeking permission to act as a Director (when disqualified) and to act as director of a company under section 216 of the Insolvency Act 1986.
- Acting for and against officers of companies involving undervalue, preferential and fraudulent transactions, wrongful and fraudulent trading, and misfeasance claims.
- Successfully securing the winding up of companies, and secured injunctions to prevent the winding-up of companies.
- Dealing with applications for orders of sale of properties and realising other assets for the benefit of a bankrupt’s/company’s estate.
- Acting for clients on both sides of the fence and advising in all forms of insolvency, including Liquidation, Administration, Corporate and Individual Voluntary Arrangements, Bankruptcy and Directors’ Disqualification Proceedings and duties as directors (including non-executive & shadow);
- Acting on the sale of premises and/or business assets from companies in administration and/or liquidation.