Rogers and Norton are now on YouTube…follow www.youtube.com/user/rogersandnorton to view our channel.
Construction and Engineering
Rogers and Norton's Construction team act for Developers; Employers; Contractors; Architects; Surveyors and Suppliers (including builders merchants), providing advice on both contentious and non-contentious issues that affect all those within the construction industry. We regularly advise on JCT contracts and have been praised for our quick turnaround of advice. We also act for international clients developing in United Kingdom.
Highly experienced in the Construction and Engineering sector
Peter Hastings and the construction and engineering team deal with court litigation (High Court, County Court & TCC), including injunctive relief and applications relating to arbitral proceedings and the enforcement of Bonds together with extensive experience advising in relation to:
- Delays, extensions of time, Liquidated and Ascertained Damages
- Payment provisions under the Housing Grants, Construction Regeneration Act
- Loss and expense claims
- Defective works, their rectification and the recovery of damages
- Final Account disputes
- Site issues
- Suspension of works
- Performance Bonds
- Professional negligence
- Debt claims and Insolvency issues.
Our work includes:
- Arbitration (International and UK)
- Drafting and advising on letters of intent
- Representing clients involved in statutory and contractual adjudications
- Undertaking the resolution of disputes by Alternative Dispute Resolution, including mediation, expert determination and conciliation
- The preparation of submissions to both the Dispute Adjudication Board and the Dispute Review Board
- Advise on Consultant Appointment and Sub-contract forms, highlighting areas of high risk.
- Advise on the most appropriate standard form of contract to be used.
- Advise on Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
- E v S (ICC 2013) Instructed for Claimant in ICC arbitration concerning an operating agreement for a Guinea Gold Mine, in which both parties alleged that the other was in repudiatory breach, resulting in a substantial claim for damages and defending a counterclaim. Arbitration settled shortly before substantive hearing. Arbitral Tribunal: John Marrin QC, Joe Smouha QC, Sir Gordon Langley.
I trust your judgement and am just sorry we didn’t approach you in the first place.
I would also just like to thank you for all your past assistance and expertise in relation to this issue
I think the congratulations should go to you because without your help and guidance I’m not sure that I would have got this far. I was very happy with the result and it definitely allowed me to enjoy my weekend.
Once again thanks for all your great help and support in reaching a satisfactory conclusion.
Again – deep appreciation of your help!
V & N / Norfolk
Thank you very much indeed for your efforts on my behalf at the Court yesterday. You did an excellent job and I am very grateful. The court order that you obtained at very short notice is a source of considerable relief to me.
Thank you for all your assistance and advice this year on what proved to my eyes a difficult case. Mrs J and I are so relieved above all to get our lives back and we are looking forward to a happy Christmas.
Excellent result – I recommend you anytime !!
If I ever need anyone to fight my corner in the Corporate world, you will be the first to hear about it. Very many thanks for your remarkably swift and positive approach to the whole thing.
Just a quick e-mail to say how much we appreciate all the hard work you put in on our behalf over the past 10 months on our complicated case, including your help with the Bank and dealing with our opponent. Your efforts were brilliant. I would have caved in if not for you. We are very pleased with the result.
If we ever have need for a solicitor, we will definitely use yourself/Rogers and Norton and recommend you.
This has been the fourth time that I have been working with your firm, and you and your colleagues have always been wonderful. I feel supported and safe.
Client / Norfolk
Thank you for the time and effort you have put in to this – it was important to me to get some form of acknowledgement of what was due.
Mr A. Norwich
The firm’s corporate and commercial department advise on all aspects of business and company affairs. We strive to understand your…
Our dedicated commercial litigation and dispute resolution team has a wide range of experience and depth of knowledge in avoiding…
Our Commercial Property team have wide experience and a great depth of knowledge dealing with sales; purchases; leases; mortgages and…
Our guests had the opportunity to network with others in the industry and listen to some free legal tips from…
This is an issue we often face when both the Employer and Contractor are responsible for delays, and in fact…